Nightguards For Bruxism in Frisco, TX: Its Symptoms And Benefits For Dental Health
Been experiencing frequent morning headaches? Sore Jaw? A family member or partner complaining about the noise being made during sleep? Those are only a few of the symptoms of Bruxism.
Bruxism is the condition where a person excessively grinds their teeth or clenches their jaws unconsciously during sleep or when awake. The condition is common to anyone of any age, children can outgrow it, but for adults, it is more complicated. Excessive teeth grinding and clenching does not merely cause noise when sleeping. If left untreated it can cause several dental complications such as chipped, fractured, or discolorations.
We at Parklane Family Dentistry are committed to providing outstanding dental care for our patients. We are always ready to alleviate the pain or discomfort by providing solutions like Nightguards to prevent damages caused by Bruxism.
Symptoms of Bruxism
- Frequent headaches
- Sore Jaws
- Change in tooth’s shape or form
- A sudden increase in teeth sensitivity
- Facial, Head, or Ear pain
- TMJ (or TMJD)
- Sleep disturbances (patient or bed partner)
- Broken teeth
It can be hard for the patient to distinguish if they are grinding or clenching their teeth at night, but a dentist can identify the signs and symptoms of Bruxism. Necessary treatments are to be performed to restore the damages it caused and to prevent the development of other dental complications.
Benefits Of Nightguards
- Helps prevent any types of damage that can be caused by Bruxism
- Pain and discomfort that can be caused by Bruxism like TMJD, sensitivity, toothache, jaw pain, facial pain and others can be prevented by wearing Nightguards
- Nightguards are custom-made for each patient preventing any discomfort, and keeping the symptoms of Bruxism under control.
- Snoring can help minimize or prevent snoring by keeping the teeth slightly apart for better air circulation and breathing.
- Since Bruxism can cause sleep disturbances, keeping it under control can help patients in getting enough rest and sleep for better overall health.
- Since Nightguards act as a preventative treatment, dental complications can be avoided. Without dental complications, there are less dental appointments meaning it is cost-effective in the long run.
If you are suffering from Bruxism, schedule your appointment with us for its proper diagnosis and to provide necessary dental treatments. We offer Nightguards for Bruxism in Frisco, TX. Our dental office is located at 1606 FM 423, Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75033.