How Long Do Veneers Last?
Interested in veneers in Frisco? Considering the cost of the procedure, as well as the fact that it’s irreversible, then you likely want to make sure your veneers will offer you the smile you want for a long time.
The good news is that they can: with the right care, your veneers can last as long as 15-20 years, maybe even longer.
Here’s how to care for your new veneers and make sure they last!
Veneers Are Strong, But They Are Not Indestructible
Veneers are made from porcelain or composite, which are very strong materials designed to last for a long time. However, this doesn’t mean your veneers are not at risk for:
- Wear and tear, etc.
Additionally, caring for your veneers also helps protect your natural teeth. Unlike dental crowns, veneers will not cover the entire natural tooth. The thin layer is bonded to the front surface of your natural teeth, which means your teeth will still be exposed to the bacteria and food debris inside of your mouth. As a result, the risk for cavities and gum disease is still very much present even with veneers!
How to Properly Care for Your Veneers
So if you want your veneers to last 15-20 years or longer, you will need to:
- Have proper oral hygiene habits – brush your teeth at least two times a day, and floss once daily to make sure you reduce your risks for cavities and gum disease;
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet – fresh fruits and veggies aren’t just good for your body. They help you produce more saliva, which has an essential role in cleansing the mouth of food debris and bacteria;
- Stop smoking – smoking is linked to many dental health problems and it can reduce the lifespan of your veneers as well;
- Avoid biting on hard foods or objects – chewing or biting on these hard items increases your risk of cracking or chipping the veneers and natural teeth;
- See the dentist regularly – it’s the best way to truly stay on top of all your oral health needs and make sure you enjoy your new smile for decades!
What Happens If Your Veneers Get Damaged?
If your veneers break, chip, or are otherwise damaged, the good news is that you can simply have them replaced.
If you book a consultation at Parklane Family Dentistry, Dr. Parul Vashisht can inspect your veneers and recommend the best course of action to fix the issue. For instance, for small chips or cracks, dental contouring may be used to repair the veneers without needing a replacement.
Book an Appointment at Parklane Family Dentistry Today!
Frisco dentist Dr. Parul Vashisht can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted with veneers or other cosmetic dentistry procedures that suit you best!
Book an appointment at Parklane Family Dentistry online, or call us at 469-452-2998 for more information.